Why you need a VPN on your PS5 or PS4 console
Maybe Virtual Private Network software isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when you think of your PlayStation. But you need one on your Sony gaming console. And that’s mainly due to one of the intricacies of how the PlayStation Store works.
That’s because Sony does not apply geo-restrictions to the games available on the store, but to the downloadable content of those games. So, let’s say you decide to buy a DLC from a different region for a game you’ve purchased in your region. Without a VPN by your side, the DLC will not be compatible and you’ll have spent the money for nothing.
Here are more reasons why you should use our VPN for your PS console:
- Get access to different regions of the PlayStation store. Buy games for less or play games that aren’t available in your region yet.
- Ditch your lag. Connect to a VPN server closer to the server of the game you’re into.
- Protect yourself against DDoS attacks.
- Unblock all the content on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, and many other streaming platforms.
- Keep your gaming accounts protected against hackers with the help of our AES 256 encryption
- Enjoy unrivaled online privacy
So, player, now that we’ve got your attention, let’s dive right in.
How to install CyberGhost VPN on your PS5 and PS4 console
- Change your DNS settings -
If you’re after speed and only speed, this is the best way to use CyberGhost’s virtual private network with your PlayStation. Expect improved gaming experience with low ping response times and tons of unlocked content, but no security VPN features.
If a VPN works by changing your IP address and encrypting your traffic, this method lets you change just your DNS settings. Here’s how to do it:
- Become a Ghostie.
- Sign in to your account.
- Go to My DNS Settings.
- Activate the DNS settings on your IP.
- Enter the DNS in your router settings.
- Connect your PlayStation to that router.
For more details, check out our guides on how to change the DNS settings on your PlayStation.
Use your Wi-Fi
You can also set up CyberGhost on your PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 4 with a Wi-Fi router. In this case, you get to protect all the devices that share the network connection without any extra work.
Make your pick:
- Get yourself a preflashed VPN router that comes with our VPN software already installed.
- Configure the router you’ve already got.
For more details, check out these nifty setup guides.
Use your computer
Your third option to pair CyberGhost VPN with your PlayStation console is via your computer.
Use your desktop to create a virtual router and do some internet sharing. You’ll be fully protected by CyberGhost VPN.
More sets of instructions await you at the end of the links below:
- How to use CyberGhost VPN with your PlayStation on Windows
- How to use CyberGhost VPN with your PlayStation on macOS
Looks like you’re all set now!
CyberGhost is the best PlayStation VPN
With 7100+ high-speed VPN servers from more than 91 countries no more than a click away, the entire content available on the PlayStation Store unravels before you.
Say goodbye to geo-restrictions, network limitations, ISP throttling, and buffering! It’s time to have it your way
Protect your digital life with CyberGhost VPN
As a Ghostie, you get much more than just a VPN for your PS4.
That’s because we have dedicated apps for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, and even Android TV and Amazon FireStick. And with one CyberGhost VPN subscription, you can protect up to 7 devices at the same time.
How to setup CyberGhost VPN for PlayStation 4
Want more info about how to set up your PlayStation VPN? Check out the FAQ section below.
For more details, you can always reach out to our Customer Support team. They’re available 24/7 via live chat or email and can take your questions in English, German, French, or Romanian.
Sure, you can.
There are multiple ways of connecting your PS3 or PS4 to CyberGhost VPN:
- Change your DNS settings, but be without full VPN protection.
- Set up CyberGhost VPN on your router.
- Create a virtual router with your computer.
Yes, it does. Our team prepared our VPN thoroughly for the release of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X gaming consoles. We wanted to make sure you can enjoy the best VPN for PlayStation from the minute you get your hands on this console. And don’t forget you can use CyberGhost VPN on PlayStation 4 and 3, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One & Xbox 360 altogether.
Glad you asked. CyberGhost VPN is in fact one of the most privacy-friendly and transparent VPN services out there. Our strict No Logs policy is enforced by our legal jurisdiction (located outside the 5 Eyes, 9 Eyes, and 14 Eyes Countries). We do not store any of our users’ data and we do not collaborate with authorities – because there is nothing to share with them, as you can see for yourself in our quarterly updated Transparency Report
Sony’s consoles work differently than other popular gaming consoles. For instance, if Microsoft allows you to change the location of your primary account on an Xbox, Sony does not permit this. This means you’ll need to get a new PlayStation Network account registered to a specific region anytime you want to access new content.
They tried CyberGhost VPN and liked it
Choose the plan that works for you
All you need from a truly complete VPN solution
- Over 7100 VPN servers worldwide
- AES 256-bit encryption
- DNS and IP leak protection
- Automatic kill switch
- OpenVPN, IKEv2, WireGuard® protocols
- Strict No Logs Policy
- Unlimited bandwidth and traffic
- Highest possible VPN speeds
Disclaimer: Per our Terms and Conditions, using CyberGhost VPN for illegal purposes is not permitted or encouraged.